Usui Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is an ancient method of stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. This technique was created in Japan and Reiki energy is given by a Reiki practitioner by lightly placing their hands on or near a clothed body in various positions around the head shoulders, stomach and feet. In Japanese, Reiki means Universal Life Force Energy that is guided by The Universe.
Reiki may be given to another individual as a “treatment” once they have been attuned and receive the Life Force Energy from a qualified Reiki Master. There are three levels of Reiki Attunements each one providing a higher degree of energy
How Does This Work?
- Parents may receive a Reiki Attunement in order to give Reiki to their children – Reiki may empower the parent and give them a way to help their child. Reiki will help the parent as well to be calmer and therefore, the child will also benefit
- The child may actually receive a Reiki Attunement so they would have the Reiki available to them at all times for improved benefits.
- Attunements given to both the parent and the child have been very beneficial
Benefits of Reiki for Children and Children with Special Needs
- May enhance relaxation and improve sleep
- May help to relieve stress and calm
- May improve concentration in school when taking tests
- May increase clarity and focus
- May calm anxieties, phobias and fears which promotes a feeling of inter-peace
- May calm and promote balance through grounding and centering
- May Enhance self awareness and self esteem
- May help to manage hyper-activity and self regulation
- May assist in treatment of obsessive compulsions, addictions and depression
- May alleviate hypersensitivities
- May encourage self-awareness and empathy – a feeling of connection to living things, plants, tress and animals
- May help with healing injuries, pain relief, pre/post surgery
- May promote bonding in the family
- May help to relax muscle tone in some cases
- And much more!
Who would benefit from Reiki?
- Children who have diagnosis such as ADD or ADHD
- Autism, Autism spectrum or Asperger’s Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders/children who have stress
- Children with Sensory processing disorders
- Those who are experiencing pain or tight muscles
- Children with injuries, burns, cuts
- Defiance disorder
- And much more!
Reiki is non-invasive. It can supplement other therapies without any side effects or getting in the way of either conventional or alternative treatments such as with medication therapy prescribed by a medical doctor. Reiki is NOT a cure but it may help with many symptoms of a disability.
The Washington Post
“Stressed-out teens, with school a main cause by Margaret Shapiro
U.S. teenagers report feeling more stressed out than adults do, with school being a main cause, according to ta new survey for the American Psychological Association.
The survey of 1.018 teenagers, ages 13-17, and 1950 adults was conducted online last August and found many teens reporting being overwhelmed or depressed because of their high stress levels”.